Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 1: Almost total disaster

So yesterday (Monday) was my first day as stay-at-home dad / full-time uni student. What a mess!

Seems I had caught the same bug that my daughter had on Saturday night, so I was up just about every hour Sunday night with projectile explosions from both ends of my body. Ugh. Vomiting HURTS!

Monday morning, not feeling much better, but at least I don't feel like my stomach is trying to escape via my mouth. The doorbell rings at 8:40 am...it's the postie with my study materials from USQ, and I reflect on what "just-in-time delivery" really means.

The wife seems to have avoiding coming down with the bug, so she has packed the kids off to daycare, and gone off to work. Thanks. It would have taken a huge effort on my behalf to do that.

OK then, time to do some Uni stuff... though I really don't feel like it.

The study materials are just printed copies of the same PDF files I had downloaded from the uni's website, so not much in the way of new information I hadn't glanced at before. The real question is where to begin? Couldn't they have just given me a single page for each subject that says "this week, read these chapters"? Apparently not. Welcome to "self-directed learning".

OK, time to start "self-directing" (aka pick one of the four subjects at random to start on)

1 comment:

Peter said...

Awesome. Some progress.

Move that first stone to move the mountain!

You now have 1 groupie following your progress.